Your original cabin air filters are essential in keeping your interior space free of allergens and pollutants. That's why it was installed at the Acura factory. Typically, it's located behind your glove compartment where it can clear air as it flows through your vehicle's HVAC system.
How Your Cabin Air Filter Works
The cabin air filter is a pleated unit that's usually made from either multifiber cotton or an engineered material. It captures any contaminants in the air before they can make their way into the cabin. That keeps your passenger space and respiratory system clear. Eventually, though, even the best cabin air filters can start to fail.
How to Identify Failing Air Filters
If you notice any of these signs, check your cabin air filter for clogs or defects:
- You notice a musty odor in the cabin
- You have trouble keeping a consistent cabin temperature
- The airflow from your vents gets choked off
- You notice the filter fibers are dirty or brittle
You don't want to leave a clogged cabin air filter in place for too long, as that can affect your engine performance. The good news is that it's very easy to switch out your cabin air filter. First, find the right one for your model. That's one made by Acura, since it's guaranteed to work right out of the box. Find yours, along with the engine air filter you need, right here in our online auto parts inventory. Order today and we'll ship right to your front door!
No results found for "cabin-air-filters". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!